Basics & TheoryUnderstanding the fretboard I
Standard tuning and C major scale Understanding the fretboard II
Accidentals # and b, Moving Scales Understanding the fretboard III
Major Scale & Intervalls on Different Strings Understanding the fretboard IV
Chord Shapes on Different Strings Intervals & chord construction Bye-bye b7! Voicings I Voicings II Slash chords I Slash chords II Diatonic Chords I Diatonic Chords II
Extensions and Modifications
Chord TypesMajor chords I - C A G E D Major chords II - barre chords Major chords III - modern Minor chords Minor seventh chords (m7) Dominant 7th chords (V7) Maj7 chords Diminshed (dim) & Half Diminished (m7b5) Altered dominant 7th chords (V7alt) Sus and Add chords Sixth chords
Chord ProgressionsChord Progression Matrix Modern Major Chords
I - IV - V 4 chords - countless songs
I - V - VIm - IV 4 chords - variation
VIm - IV - I - V Pop/Rock ballads with descending bass Minor 7th
I - IIIm7 - VIm7 - IV Sus chords
IIm - IIm7 - Vsus4 - V Let's get funky!
IIm7 V7 The Two-Five-One Progression
IIm7 - V7 - Imaj7 Two-Five-One in minor
IIm7b5 - V7 - Im7 Two-Five-One with altered V7 chord
IIm7 - V7alt - Imaj7 Slash chords - various progressions
Intervals Basic major chords Major and minor chords Complementary intervals sus4 and sus2 chords Triads Slash chords
Minor 7th chords (m7) Diatonic chords Dominant 7th chords (V7) V7 and m7 chords V7 and maj7 chords V7, m7 and maj7 chords Diminished & half-diminished
- Sounds off. Sound files will NOT be downloaded to save bandwidth, sound is muted. Default setting.
- Sounds on. Sound files will be downloaded on the actual page only.
- Sounds always on. Sound files will be downloaded on every single page, until you choose one of the other options again.
- Right/Left-handed mode: all fretboards will be flipped horizontally
- Night/Day mode: switch between color schemes for best readability in any light situation.
- EN Language: switch between English (EN) and German (DE) language.